Sajid is theConservative Parliamentary Candidate in the forthcoming general election.
Sajid was first elected Member of Parliament for Bromsgrove in May 2010, and was appointed a Privy Councillor by HM The Queen in 2014.
Born in England, Sajid is one of five sons.
His father was a bus driver, and he attended state schools before winning a place at Exeter University to study Economics and Politics.
He joined the Conservative Party in 1988.
As well as being a passionate, committed MP for Bromsgrove, Sajid has also held a number of positions in Government:
- Secretary of State at the Department for Culture, Media and Sport, April 2014 - present
- Financial Secretary to the Treasury, October 2013 - April 2014
- Economic Secretary to the Treasury, September 2012 - October 2013
- Parliamentary Private Secretary (PPS) to the Chancellor of the Exchequer, the Rt Hon George Osborne MP, October 2011 - September 2012
- PPS to John Hayes MP, Minister of State for Further Education & Skills, November 2010 - October 2011
- Member of the Work and Pensions Select Committee, June – November 2010
Before public service, he was a senior Managing Director with Deutsche Bank AG, having started his career with Chase Manhattan Bank NA in New York in 1991.
While at Deutsche Bank Sajid was a specialist in helping to raise investment in developing countries and was considered a global leader in this field. He has been engaged in community work his entire adult life, including leading a charity expedition to the summit of Mount Kilimanjaro for Help the Aged.
Sajid is married to Laura and they four young children.
He is a Vice President of Bromsgrove Rugby Football Club.