Bromsgrove MP, Sajid Javid, is calling for nominees to enter the official NHS Parliamentary awards in recognition of staff who have gone above and beyond the call of duty.
The NHS Parliamentary Awards offers a chance to celebrate NHS staff, carers and volunteers for all the hard work they do to look after loved ones when they are at their most vulnerable.
There are ten categories, including a Lifetime Achievement and Rising Star award to honour those who have devoted their life or career to making the NHS better or are just at the start of their journey of supporting our NHS but have already made significant contributions.
MPs have until 1 September 2020 to submit their nominations.
Sajid Javid MP said:
“It’s absolutely right that we celebrate the work staff put into the NHS and I want to hear from you about any outstanding care you have received, or colleagues you know of, so I can nominate our local heroes for these awards.”
Professor Jacqueline Dunkley-Bent, chair of the judging panel and England’s chief midwifery officer, said:
“NHS staff and volunteers make the health service what it is today – the largest and greatest care team in the world that provides high quality care to patients throughout the year.
“The NHS Parliamentary Awards, presents a unique opportunity for MPs to highlight the amazing work done by NHS staff in their local areas, and I look forward to working with all of the judges to review the nominations we receive.”
Sajid Javid MP is calling for potential nominations in the following categories:
· The Excellence in Healthcare: this award recognizes individuals or teams who go above and beyond improving the outcomes and experiences for patients living with and beyond major health conditions or working to prevent those conditions.
· The Excellence in Mental Health Care Award: To the individual or team that has worked across organisational boundaries to develop new and effective services to help people living with mental health problems in their community
· The Excellence in Urgent and Emergency Care Award: To the individual or team that has made improvements to how the NHS treats people in life or death situations.
· The Excellence in Primary Care Award supported by Assura PLC: for the primary care practitioner or team who is working with patients to help them stay healthy in their own homes for as long as possible.
· NHS Rising Star [New for 2020]: To celebrate young volunteers and members of staff (under 30) who have helped to shape, improve or deliver better services in their area.
· The Future NHS Award: To a person or team that has successfully trialled and embedded change to make better use of data and digital technology, provide more convenient access to services and information
· The Health Equalities Award: an individual or team that helps ensure equality throughout our lives in the care we receive. From being born in a safe environment through to dying with dignity.
· The Care and Compassion Award: for any Nurse, Midwife, Allied Health Professional or care staff member of any discipline and in any setting, that has used their skills to ensure that patients experience care and compassion.
· The Wellbeing at Work Award: For the person or team that has successfully trialled and embedded change(s) making the NHS a better place to work.
· The Lifetime Achievement Award: For an individual who has worked within a health or care setting for 40 years or more who has left a legacy.